For 4 persons - 500 € to 1100 € / week
+ 1 additional beds available
Unique ! A newly renovated village house in the heart of the village of Castelnaud – voted one of the most beautiful villages of France, and nestled at the foot of the famous chateau.
New to the rental market this year, after having undergone a full and quality renovation, this spacious house offers comfortable accommodation for two couples or a small family with its 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Original features have been retained and combined with modern equipment – imagine living the life in a medieval village with today’s comfort.
Nestled at the foot of the chateau, in the heart of the village, and next to the chapel, the house has lovely views over the valley and the rooftops of "one of the most beautiful villages of France".
Access to the interior of the house is either via the basement level or the main floor.
From the rear terrace, the main door opens onto:
- the open plan living room with comfortable sofas, flat screen TV, DVD, hifi, bookcase and a large selection of DVDs, CDs and books. A window looks out over the chapel and the valley beyond.
- a fully fitted kitchen complete with oven, hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, kettle, toaster. There is a small table for breakfast and windows to two sides overlooking the terrace and the narrow streets of the village.
- a bar opens onto the dining area, complete with solid wooden dining table, chairs seating 6, and a glazed door opening onto the balcony, which overlooks the square in front of the house and the chapel. A sofa and table offers the perfect spot for an aperitif!
- a bathroom with bath tub and shower over, washbasin and window to the terrace
- a separate toilet completes this floor.
From the dining room, a lovely wooden staircase leads to the first floor under the eaves with exposed beams throughout. A spacious landing gives access to:
- a first master bedroom with a large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables, lamps, a chest of drawers, desk, hanging rail, and window looking over the front square and valley.
- a second double bedroom with a double bed (140cm wide), with built in headboard, lamps, chest of drawers, hanging rail, and window overlooking the terrace and village.
- a children's bedroom with a set of bunk beds, an extra bed in the drawer underneath, bedside table, lamps and storage unit.
- a shower room with walk in shower, toilet and lovely washbasin set in the window with views over the valley and rooftops, and the Chateau de Marqueyssac.
Accessible from the outside is a laundry room with washing machine.
- The house benefits from a lovely sunny terrace to the rear of the house, which is equipped with table and chairs, barbecue and shade sails - ideal for leisurely lunches. A few steps lead up to the narrow pedestrian alley behind the house, and in turn to the village itself.
- Parking is available in the small square in front of the house.