For 12 persons - 1900 € to 3600 € / week
A beautifully restored ensemble of two former farmhouses, with private heated pool, large garden and great views, in the peaceful heart of the Dordogne countryside.
The perfect place for a relaxing and peaceful holiday!
This fantastic property has recently undergone a complete and tasteful renovation, and now offers comfortable, high quality accommodation for up to 12 people.
The house sleeps 8 people with its 4 double bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms; and the cottage sleeps 4.
This former farmhouse, so typical of the Perigord, has been completely renovated with high quality, modern fittings, and many of its original features have been retained (stone walls, beamed ceilings and even the former cow cribs!)
- an open plan modern kitchen with central island is fully equipped (oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, coffee machine, toaster, kettle....)
- a couple of steps lead up to the dining area with large table, chairs and buffet
- a ground floor double bedroom with large double bed (160cm wide) has french windows opening out onto the courtyard. It has bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe chest of drawers
- an en suite shower room with large walk in shower, washbasin and toilet.
- a few steps lead down from kitchen into a laundry room, with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
- a shower room (ideal after the pool!) with double wash basin
- and a separate toilet completes the ground floor
A lovely wooden and glass staircase leads up to the first floor, and into:
- the magnificent lounge with cathedral ceiling, sofa, armchairs, flat screen TV, and fireplace - ideal for cooler evenings.
- the "blue" bedroom has a large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables and lamps and armchair and benefits from :
- an en suite shower room with large walk in shower, double basin and separate toilet.
- the "violet" bedroom also has a large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and armchair, and lovely views over the garden and valley beyond.
- the fourth bedroom also has a large double bed and chest of drawers.
- a family bathroom with bath, large shower, double wash basin and toilet
Just opposite the house, on the other side of the courtyard is the cottage, sleeping 4.
- a spacious living room offers:
* a comfortable sitting area with a sofa, armchairs, coffee table and sideboard.
* and a dining table and 6 chairs. There is also a wood burner stove for cooler evenings in low or mid season.
- a couple of steps lead down into the small, but well equipped kitchen. (oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer, coffee machine...)
- a shower room with shower and wash basin
- a separate toilet
A wooden staircase eads up to the first floor, where, nestled under the eaves you will find:
- a double bedroom (once again a large double bed 160cm), bedside tables and lamps, hanging rail, chest of drawers and an armchair.
- a twin bedroom with two single beds, bedside tables and lamps, hanging rail, chest of drawers and an armchair.
Both bedrooms have ceiling fans.
The cottage benefits from a reversible air conditioning system.
The house is situated far from any neighbours and its large gardens offer various areas to relax under the hundred year old trees with a book and grassy areas ideal for ball games.
* the beautiful pool of 10m x 5m is secured by an electric cover and is heated from May to September. The final temperature of the water depends on the meteorological conditions. It is equipped with sun loungers and parasols.
* two covered terraces - one with an extendable dining table allowing everybody to enjoy al fresco meals together; and the second with garden sofa and chairs just perfect to enjoy a glass of wine whilst savouring the view!
* parking for a minimum of 4 cars