For 20 persons - 5700 € to 8500 € / week
Lot of charm and abundance of serenity for this superior 17th-century chartreuse overlooking the Dordogne. 10 bedrooms/8 bathrooms, romantic garden, heated pool, views... a remarkable place to holiday all together in the Dorodgen Golden Triangle.
Once nestled in the heart of rich vineyards, Urval Castle, one of the largest chartreuses in the Dordogne, lies on the high slopes of the Black Perigord, at 20 minutes from Sarlat, 30 from Bergerac and Perigueux.
The main building hosts the home while the wings contain stables, the orangery and cellars.
Inside, the Castle retains its character thanks to quite exceptional arches, pilasters, columns, door frames, majestic Louis XIV fireplaces; all these elements create a both intimate and mysterious atmosphere.
A large hall, paved with 17th-century terracotta tiles, serves all the vaulted rooms on the ground floor. The vast kitchen (42sqm, with beautiful stone fireplace, back kitchen, professional cooker), is perfectly suited to cooking for large families by either the housewife or a Chef.
The dining room (46sqm plus backroom), offers a beautiful stone fireplace, and can accommodate the whole family around the big "hunting scene" table.
The vaulted lounge (70sqm), with its crystal chandeliers, offers a beautiful acoustic for music lovers and musicians. A fully equipped laundry is also available. A plancha is put at your disposal.
Sleeps: 20 adults and children. Baby cot and highchairs are available upon simple request.
The Ground Floor features 3 double bedrooms :
* Louis XIV bedroom (32m²) with its four-poster bed (180×200), en-suite bathroom with toilet
* Greenwell bedroom (30m²) with its four-poster bed (180×200), en-suite bathroom with toilet
* Prince Henry bedroom (32m²), with double bed (180×200), en-suite bathroom with toilet
* The ground floor also features 2 separate toilets.
Upstairs are 7 bedrooms :
* The bedroom "Citronnier" (32m²) with a very large quality 180 x 210 double bed, a large single bed , an ensuite bathroom and toilet.
* The bedroom "Cédre" (15m²)witha lso a very lareg double 180×200, (can be made as a twin bedroom), shower room and toilet.
* The bedroom "Cour"(15m²) with a very large 180×200, (can be made as a twin bedroom), shower room and toilet.
* The bedroom "Rotonde" (15m²) with a very large 180×200, (can be made as a twin bedroom), shower room and toilet.
* The bedroom "Coteaux" (hills) (15m²) with a very large 180×200, (can be made as a twin bedroom), shower room and toilet.
* The bedroom "Bambou" (18m²) with a bed 120x190
* The bedroom "Colonnettes" (20m²) with two beds 120 x 190
PARK AND GARDEN
The current park was planted in 1896 by Lord Greenwell and his wife Emma Maire, great-grandparents of the current owner. Eight magnificent cedars open a beautiful view to the courtyard. A large balustrade crowns the East terrace and its 300-year old climbing vine. Another large terrace planted with amazing trees (including a 300-year old chestnut tree), dominates the valley of the Dordogne. The meadows surrounding La Poujade helps it to retain some rural character.
* The terrace overlooking the Dordogne was chosen to host a new built pool (12x6,5 meters - salt filtre - electric cover and pool alarm) with a large paved decking. It is equiped with sunbeds and parasols
* A game room with TV - DVD leads to the Orangerie with table tennis, and to the old chapel converted into a fitness room.
* TV, DVD, and satellite await you in the living room. Speed internet access or wireless connection are both available.