For 8 persons - 950 € to 2350 € / week
Lovely stone house situated in the pretty village of Payrignac, with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, private heated pool, large enclosed garden and summer kitchen.
This historic stone house, situated in the village of Payrignac is in fact the former "Mairie" (town hall). Full of character and traditional features it offers comfortable accommodation for up to 8 guests. With its four spacious bedrooms, three bathrooms, cosy lounge and large newly refurbished summer kitchen opening onto the pool area, it is ideal for two families.
The house is situated on the small square in the centre of the village, just opposite the church, and with its lake and restaurant within easy walking distance. Access to the property can be made in three ways.
* From the village square and the street running along the front of the house, a glazed door opens directly into the main dining kitchen. The kitchen is fully fitted with painted units, tiled floor and large glazed dresser. There is a range style cooker, with gas rings and electric oven, a dishwasher, fridge freezer, kettle and coffee machine. A large farmhouse dining table and 6 chairs can comfortably seat 6 people for home cooked meals.
* From the kitchen a door leads to the spacious laundry room, equipped with washing machine, sink, iron and ironing board.
* A separate toilet completes this floor.
A wooden staircase leads from the kitchen up to the garden level:
* A corridor with wooden floor opens onto the terrace and also leads to:
* The cosy living room with wooden floor and beams, offering two sofas, a wood burning stove, flat screen TV with English and French channels, DVD player, bookcase with a selection of books, sideboard and lamps. A glass door leads out onto the vine covered terrace.
* A bedroom with two single beds, which can be joined together to make a large double bed, bedside table, lamps and a wardrobe.
* This bedroom benefits from an en suite shower room, with shower cubicle, vanity unit and toilet.
From the corridor, a spiral, wooden staircase leads to the top floor where you will find:
* A large double bedroom with bedside tables and lamps and mobile air conditioning unit
* a vast bathroom, with free standing bath, vanity unit, hanging rail and toilet.
The barn is accessible via the exterior, and has recently been completely renovated to offer two further bedrooms.
On the ground floor there is a small kitchenette offering a fridge, sink, kettle and two armchairs, and is ideal for breakfast.
The first floor offers:
* a master bedroom with a king size bed (180cm wide), bed side tables and lamps, chest of drawers and a hanging rail, and mobile air conditioning unit.
* a second bedroom has a set of bunk beds, chest of drawers, washbasin and shower.
* a modern shower room with washbasin and toilet completes this floor.
Internet access by WiFi throughout the house and extended to the School house and around the pool.
For our younger visitors, there is a travel cot, high chair and three stair gates on site.
* A vine covered terrace, accessible from the lounge and the middle floor corridor, offers a shady spot for breakfast or an aperitif, and leads on to the large lawned garden, complete with stone well.
* The heated, private pool is surrounded by decking, and has a paved terrace area, equipped with sun loungers, parasol and table and chairs for al fresco meals.
* From the pool you can access directly "the school house" (the former village girls' school). This has recently been converted into a large and fully equipped summer kitchen with gas hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher and large dining table and chairs. With its thick stone walls and exposed beams it offers a cool place, right next to the pool, ideal for long relaxing lunches in the heat of the summer!
* A pair of iron gates hidden at the rear of the property allow vehicle access and there is secure parking for two cars, near the old barn, with its kiwi plants growing up the facade!
The grounds are completely enclosed and ideal for children and our four legged friends!
Outside of school holidays, the property can be let for 4 people, with the use of the main house and summer kitchen, excluding the Barn. Ref 309.