For 8 persons - 900 € to 2600 € / week
Charm and absolute comfort for this house of character set in a green setting. Fenced pool with paddling area for the little ones, multiple terraces. Crazy charm and high quality services for an unforgettable holiday.
Accessible by a small path leading to the hamlet and set by a green setting of more than 6000m² of garden, La Maison Gourgize assures you a relaxing holiday with family or friends in the greatest calm and in the contact of a preserved nature.
This stone house with its wooden extension deserves many superlatives... Located on the heights of a small hamlet typical of the Périgord, at the intersection of the valley of the Dordogne and the Vézère, its bucolic environment, offering beautiful points of view, is already worth a visit.
Perfectly equipped and decorated with great care, Maison Gourgize is the fruit of a successful marriage between the charm of the old and the modern comfort.
During the hot summer days, you will enjoy the long refreshing swimming in the private pool with paddling area for the little ones, continue lunch on one of its terraces sheltered from the sun, or simply bask in the shade of centenary oaks. In cooler times, its warm habitat, central heating and two wood stoves offer you everything you need for a comfortable rental in all seasons.
With a total area of more than 230m², Maison Gourgize offers:
- An entrance with a small service and large wardrobe.
- A superb living room of more than 45m², arranged as a "loft" in the modern extension of the house. Bathed in light, thanks to its large French windows opening onto the terraces and the garden, it is elegantly furnished with two large sofas, armchairs, coffee table, bookcases and a small desk. A piano and many books of art, history and novels are available to our guests during their stay.
- A second sitting area, connecting the original stone part of the house and the large open room, also has two comfortable armchairs and a small library for children.
- The dining area, equipped with a beautiful raw wood table, 6 seats and a dresser, will allow you to have lunch indoors.
- The kitchen, although small, is nevertheless perfectly functional. Ideally equipped (large refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, kettle, food processor, yogurt maker, etc...), it will allow you to cook all the delicious products of the Black Perigord brought from the nearby markets. Its glass door opens onto the large terrace on the pool side.
- In the back kitchen you will find a large freezer, multiple storage shelves and a complete laundry area with washing machine, ironing board, iron and drying rack.
On the left of the house, the sleeping area offers 4 beautiful double bedrooms:
- The master bedroom, accessible from the living room, has a large 160cm double bed, a bedside table and a beautiful wooden wardrobe. It has its own multi-spray walk-in shower, a large sink and a separate toilet.
- Attached, the Trapper Room, particularly spacious, offers a double bed, a large storage closet and a desk allowing you to work on site (...but not too much:-)
- From the living room, two steps lead to the childreen's bedroom with two single beds, a bedside table and a nice dressing area. Note that this room has two glass doors but does not have a window.
- The "Chambre des champs", accessible from the entrance, offers a large 160cm double bed, two bedside tables, a beautiful cabinet with drawers, and a dressing area.
- A bathroom with bathtub and sink, and a separate toilet complete the layout of the house.
Despite the crazy charm of the house, it is probably outside that you will spend most of your time, back from the many excursions that offer the immediate surroundings of the property:
* From breakfast to dinner under the stars, you will not get tired of enjoying the superb semi-covered terrace, running the entire length of the house. Perfectly equipped with its large wooden table, plancha, bbq weber, and garden furniture, you will spend delicious moments there.
* At the front of the house, the second terrace, equipped with a wrought iron table and chairs drowned under the virgin vine, is ideal for the warmests days of the year.
* All around the house, its huge garden of over 6000m² offers many spaces for playing and relaxing.
* Let us not forget of course the superb sunny swimming pool, whose long swim "paddling pool" will seduce our youngest holidaymakers. Its wrought iron barrier provides optimal protection.
* Parking space for 3 to 4 vehicles.