For 4 persons - 1600 € to 2200 € / week
Fabulous two bedroomed, two bathroom cottage offering quality and elegant accommodation for up to 4 guests.
Situated in the heart of the picturesque hamlet of Les Milandes, next door to the fabulous château, the house was previously owned by the humanitarian and singer Josephine Baker.
The cottage “Arc en Ciel” was part of her Global Village and provided additional accommodation for the 12 children, family and friends of the Rainbow Tribe, when the chateau became too small!
The cottage is superbly renovated and offers quality and tasteful accommodation, fabulous views of the chateau itself and of the Dordogne valley below. It has a private terrace and shares the lovely pool with the neighbouring Guardian’s Cottage.
* A lovely, spacious living room, bright and airy with its French doors opening onto the private terrace offers:
* A cosy sitting area with comfortable sofas, coffee table, flat screen TV and lamps
* A dining area with a painted wooden table and four chairs
* A fully equipped kitchen with cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, kettle, coffee machine....
The two bedrooms are both situated on the ground floor:
* The first one offers a king size bed with built in wardrobe, bedside tables, lamps and chest of drawers.
* It has an en suite shower room with a large walk in shower, wash basin and toilet
* The second double bedroom also offers a king size bed, antique pine furniture, and lamps
* It also benefits from an en suite bathroom with bath tub and shower over, vanity unit and toilet.
For the comfort of our guests, bed linen, towels and pool towels are provided and the beds are made on arrival.
A mobile air conditioning unit is available and there is Wifi throughout.
The cottage has its own private terrace with a round table and comfortable rattan chairs overlooking the valley. It is ideal for al fresco dining with its barbecue and parasol.
It shares a lovely pool, measuring 7.5 x 3.5m with the neighbouring Guardian’s Cottage (maximum 4 people) which has sun loungers and parasols
Private parking and a charger is also available for electric cars.
NB: For a total immersion in the culture of Les Milandes, and the legacy of Josephine Baker, the owners will be delighted to invite you to the weekly “Soirée Guingette”, an evening of music, dance and food at the nearby Parc de Josephine Baker, designed and built by Josephine herself in the 1940’s! (July and August only)