For 6 persons - 900 € to 1850 € / week
Charming former barn perched above the Dordogne, in a small picture postcard hamlet, with magnificent views. Sleeping up to 6 guests, it is nestled around an attractive and secluded heated pool.
A traditional Perigord barn, stone and oak dating from 1760. Rescued in 2002, as a maison désaffectéee, it has been restored with fully modern utilities and décor, while cherishing its heritage. The enormous Grange, a grand design project, was supervised by noted Sarlat architect Patrick Bonnefon with families and friends contributing. The grand scale open plan has spectacular vistas, balconies and open staircases.
* ATELIER : Housing a fridge for beer/wine/drinks; there is also an icemaker nearby.
* SHOWER ROOM : Convenient for pool use and outside activities; there is a shower and WC close to the main entrance.
* DINING AREA : Large oak table seating up to 12 and grand wood-fired open fireplace; large double doors opening on to the court and two staircases to mid-level bedrooms and sun lounge. Above there are galleries from two levels.
KITCHEN : Farm style oak units, double butler sink, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, large oak breakfast table seating up to 8, cooker (electric with gas hob) and a wood-fired bread oven. Plentiful range of utensils, crockery, glassware. Doors open on to a small paved area with table and parasol.
At first floor:
* SUN LOUNGE : Overlooking the Dordogne valley to the West and also a gallery overlooking the dining area below. It has a range of comfortable chairs, an audio system, ceiling mounted overhead projector and 2 metre pull-down screen for DVD films or presentations from your PC/laptop. We like the sun lounge for G and Ts! It leads via ballustraded galleries to the two main en-suite double bedrooms.
Please note: the Grange has WiFi, digital projector and music keyboard but is graced by no TV!
* BEDROOM : North and South bedrooms: at mid level, they are identical in facilities. The South, overlooking the pool, has the sun in Summer. There is a double bed and en-suite shower room with WC, wash basin and radiators. The North bedroom also has double bed and en-suite shower room with WC, wash basin and radiators.
* TOP BEDROOM THE COMBLE: Open plan over the entire length of Grange, the gallery overlooks the two lower floors. There’s a good play area for children and two single day beds; sleeping is fun for children! A music centre with keyboard and a library offering light reading of Tony’s Astrophysics tomes – or Dixon’s detective novels.
* Terrace : With a large gas fired BBQ with rotisserie, table and parasol.
* Pool area : A swimming area of some 6.5 metres square with curved steps: rail for children's access, a shallow area and a deep area suitable for diving. There is underwater lighting and a powerful flow system for endless swimming; steps from the deep end (1.8m). Poolside table, chairs and parasol and sunbeds.
* Court: Parking for several cars, floodlight for evening petanque or table tennis on the all-weather table. Children's swing under the tree.
La Grange is one of the three gites comprising la Fermette des Hiboux.
In July and August priority is given to the rental of the whole unit. In low and mid season, you can let out la Grange or Le Cottage (ref 231) or La Petite Maison with full exclusivity of the pool and garden (means we don't let out the second gite to anybody else)