For 6 persons - 800 € to 1800 € / week
Elegant stone cottage, recently renovated, with Spa, private pool and huge garden, set in the heart of the Black Périgord. A romantic hideway for you to escape for a short break or a longer stay.
Set in a small hamlet typically perigordine in style, le Logis de St Chamassy is set at the crossroads of the Dordogne and Vezere valleys, and is therefore ideal to explore the Dordogne area... unless you simply prefer to relax and enjoy the large private pool during the summer, and the beautiful Spa, heated at 38 degrees throughout the year.
The house has just undergone a complete renovation where the charm of the stone building blends harmoniously with modern comfort and high quality equipment and bedding.
With a total area of 130m², the house offers on the ground floor a large lounge where modern fittings make a lovely contrast with the character of the room with its exposed stone walls, original beams, large traditional open fireplace and old stone sink.
Divided in three different areas, the lounge offers :
* An open plan fitted kitchen offering a 4 ring cooker, a large fridge/freezer, an oven, a microwave, a dishwasher. The crockery and the dishes are in generous numbers so that you can cook all the delicous products brought from the nearby markets. The kitchen leads onto the sunny terrace area through a glazed door.
* A dining area enjoying a long wooden table, six confortable seats and a dresser.
* A cosy living room area equipped with an L shaped sofa, a coffee table, a flat screen TV, a dvd player. A (very!) efficient wood burner is available for romantic fires in mid and low season.
* Adjacent is a light and bright room equipped with a desk and a large carpet, can be used as an office or as a playroom. It also leads onto the terrace.
* The laundry room is set in the garage. It offers a washing machine, a dryer, an iron and ironing board.
* There are toilets and wash basin available at this level too.
The three huge bedrooms are set on the first floor. They all have a superb exposed roof structure and a splendid view onto the garden and hamlet.
* At the right side of the landing, the two interconnected bedrooms offer queen size top quality large beds, two bedside tables and lamps, a chest of drawers, and coat hangers.
* The third bedroom is set on the opposite side of the landing and also comes with a queen size top quality bed, chest with drawers, two bedside tables and lamps.
* They share a lovely shower room with a walk in shower, washbasin with cabinet and toilet.
For our youngest visitors, a barrier to prevent falls, a cot with a good quality mattress, a highchair and even a baby bath are available for you to use.
In the summer time, the house keeps cool thanks to its 0,5m stone wall
During winter time it is very comfortable with its gas central heating and (too!) efficient wood burner. Logs are available on site.
* The mature private garden of 30000m2 offers a maximum of tranquility. There are a lot of wild flowers and birds coming to visit you! The chidren will enjoy its large grassy area to play football.
* The terrace area offers a wonderful view over the garden and the pool area. It has a large table, 6 chairs, a large parasol and a superb gas Weber barbecue for you to enjoy dining al fresco.
* The newly built pool is 10mx5m. and is equipped with 6 sunloungers and a parasol for relaxing (AVAILABLE MAY 2022).
* "Cherry on the cake" our guests will enjoy a 4 seat quality spa, available all year round and heated to 38 degrees.
* A covered carport is available for 1 car. 2 other cars can park on the private driveway.